List of injured players for ICC World Cup 2023- Hi everyone! Back with another cricket news. Just find your favorite players and support them in the big event. Before the event, most of the teams are involved in Asia Cup 2023 and they have to face a number of injuries. Some of the biggest stars of the teams are not available for the event. Some bowlers, all-rounders, and batsmen are not able to play in the tournament. In this article, we will explain to you the List of injured players for ICC World Cup 2023.
The ICC World Cup 2023 is going to start on October 5, 2023, and will end on 19 November 2023. More than 10 teams are selected for the tournament. India is going to host the tournament. More than 10 cities were selected for the tournament. All the teams have almost announced the squad. From these squads, we come to know about the injured players and some of the teams are missing their star players due to some type of injuries.
After one week the stage will set for the World Cup 2023. The first match is in Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. All the teams have to submit the list of playing eleven for the tournament before 28, September. There is no chance given to the teams to make changes, if the situation is outstanding only then do they have permission to do this.
List of injured players for ICC World Cup 2023 Details:
Confirmed injured players:
- Anrich Nortje: Back injury (South Africa)
- Ebadot Hossain: Knee (Bangladesh)
- Sisanda Magala: Left knee (South Africa)
Likely Injured Players:
- Maheesh Theekshana – Hamstring Injury
- Dushmantha Chameera – Shoulder Injury
- Dilshan Madusshanka – Oblique Muscle Injury
- Wanindu Hasaranga – Hamstring Injury
- Naseem Shah – Shoulder Injury
- Haris Rauf – Side Strain
- Imam ul Haq – Back Spasms
- Najmul Hossain Shanto – Hamstring Injury
- Tamim Iqbal – Hip Injury
- Tim Southee – Thumb Fracture (Declared Fit)
- Daryl Mitchell – Finger Injury
- Axar Patel – Blows on forearm and fingers
- Travis Head – Left Hand Fracture
- Ashton Agar – Calf Injury
- Adil Rashid – Cramps
- Mark Wood – Sore Heel
- Jofra Archer – Continue to rehab
- Temba Bavuma – Thigh Muscle Strain
Almost all the teams have announced their squads for the tournament and they will completely finalize their squads for ICC World Cup 2023 before 28 September.
The teams will miss their star players. They replace the players with the best ones. The situation is alarming as in the Asia Cup number of players were injured and for the event, some of the players have a chance to recover, and if they recover from the injury they will again call for the tournament.
Read the article and find the complete details about the List of injured players for ICC World Cup.